Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

He was told to carry out terror acts at home as he had no passport.
Subramanyam online activities show that he was highly obsessed with the ISIS propaganda materials in the internet,” an officer said.
 Subramanyam online activities show that he was highly obsessed with the ISIS propaganda materials in the internet,” an officer said.
Hyderabad: Subramanyam alias Omer, an ISIS sympathiser, earlier arrested by SIT, was in touch with extremists from Pakistan, Nigeria and South Africa through social media. He had several discussions with them about Jihad and eventually decided that he wanted to be a ‘Mujahid.’ He confessed to the police that he did not leave India because he did not have a passport.
“I started chatting with ISIS fighters worldwide. We discussed atrocities committed against Muslims in India. While chatting with various people online, I came in contact with Abu Qahafa Al Hindi from Saudi through Telegram app. Then I also started talking to a person named Abu Mohammed from Pakistan, Abdul Jaleel  Oyelese from Nigeria, and Aidi Sumai from Johannesburg,” Subramanyam  told the investigation officials.
“I talked to Abu Mohammed, a Pakistani, about  Masood Azhar, founder and leader of the UN-designated terrorist group  Jaish-e-Mohammed, and asked him if he had met Azhar anytime.  With my Nigerian friend, I discussed whether Taliban was legitimate or not and if Osama Bin Laden was right or wrong,” Subra-manyam told the police, adding that he enjoyed these discussions as they helped him understand different perspectives before taking a decision.
“Besides ISIS, we also talked about the activities of Jaish-e-Mohammed and Al Qaeda. By the end of it, I decided to become a ‘Mujahid.’ Later, I informed my online mentor Al Hindi Al- Gazi that I wanted to become a Mujahid,” he said.
“Since I did not have a passport, they advised me to stay back in India and carry out blasts here. I conspired with Abu  Qahafa Al Hindi and others to carry out the attacks,” he told the investigation officials. 
The Hyderabad police had gathered intelligence reports on Subramanyam’s online activities for the last few months and had arrested him on June 23.
“His online activities show that he was highly obsessed with the ISIS propaganda materials in the internet,” an officer said.
Police booked a case against him under Sections Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.  He is being remanded to judicial custody now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]